- RSS Channel Showcase 2267798
- RSS Channel Showcase 1466604
- RSS Channel Showcase 6018938
- RSS Channel Showcase 8862075
Articles on this Page
- 01/25/16--23:13: _Retirement Planning...
- 03/21/16--23:45: _7 Rollover Tips for...
- 06/13/16--21:38: _QDIA Fiduciary Red ...
- 07/06/16--00:47: _Should a Fiduciary ...
- 07/25/16--21:32: _401k Fiduciary Aler...
- 11/07/16--23:44: _Will the DOL’s New ...
- 03/13/17--21:03: _401k Plan Sponsors ...
- 03/13/17--22:51: _When is it OK (and ...
- 04/10/17--21:03: _How a Fiduciary Sho...
- 05/22/17--21:04: _4 Specific Examples...
- 06/13/16--21:38: QDIA Fiduciary Red Flags 401k Plan Sponsors Must Look Out For
- 03/13/17--22:51: When is it OK (and not OK) to mix TDFs with other funds?
- 04/10/17--21:03: How a Fiduciary Should Explain “Growth” and “Value” Investing Styles
The evolution towards more effective retirement planning is already underway, and many fiduciaries are breathing a sigh of relief because of it.
The post Retirement Planning Using Return Assumptions vs. Return Requirements – A Fiduciary Perspective appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
Should you stay or should you go? The answer is so obvious you don't have to ask your hairdresser to know for sure.
The post 7 Rollover Tips for Those with Money Still in Former Employer 401k Plans appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
Do 401k plan sponsors know the fiduciary minefield they're stepping into when they select a QDIA?
The post QDIA Fiduciary Red Flags 401k Plan Sponsors Must Look Out For appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
Between using past performance to suggest future results and using forecasts to try to time the market, which is the lesser evil?
You may not remember this, but several months ago the SEC penalized three AIG affiliates $7.5 million for charging $2 million in extra 12b-1 fees as a result of directing
The post 401k Fiduciary Alert: Regulators Targeting 12b-1 Fees, Is Revenue Sharing Far Behind? appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
Ultimately, it will be the tort bar that offers the enforcement and the subsequent consequence for poor decision making on the part of plan sponsors and service providers. Rest assured all sides will be discover the regulatory fence in their once open fields.
The post Will the DOL’s New Fiduciary Rule Redefine the Role and Boundaries of Plan Recordkeepers? appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
With the pain of the Target Date Fund 2008/09 market crash debacle still lingering in the mind, to best assess the potential fiduciary liability inherent in TDFs – no matter what safes harbors were promised by the PPA – it’s critical that 401k plan sponsors understand what’s good about them, what’s bad about them, and just why they’re so popular.
The post 401k Plan Sponsors Need to Know the Good, the Bad, and Why TDFs are So Popular appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
Investing through mutual funds, including TDFs, is like using mass transportation. It’s not ideal but for many it’s the only realistic choice.
The post When is it OK (and not OK) to mix TDFs with other funds? appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
These are the times it’s most important for fiduciaries to learn how to say “no” to clients who feel compelled to set their own best interests aside just to chase investment performance. No one is saying that’s an easy job.
The post How a Fiduciary Should Explain “Growth” and “Value” Investing Styles appeared first on FiduciaryNews.
So-called “socially responsible” investing is not automatically incompatible with abiding by one’s fiduciary duty, however, the cases where it is acceptable are narrowly defined.
The post 4 Specific Examples When “Socially Responsible” Investing Does Not Breach One’s Fiduciary Duty appeared first on FiduciaryNews.